Tuesday, 18 December 2012

Korres Lip Butter - Wild Rose

After falling in love with the 'Plum' shade from the Korres Lip Butter collection, I was so excited to get my hands on they're newest shade 'Wild Rose'. This shade has just been released and should be in stores soon, here's a sneak-peak of what I thought.


The packaging the product came in displayed a summer-red rose, which excited me to smell the lip butter. 'Wild Roses' smells like berry-roses, which is what made me like the product even more as the smell of roses on they're own can sometimes be too intimidating and over-powering, especially if you have to wear it on your lips and have it linger with you all day.. This smell was pleasantly-bearable! (If that's even a word!). A mixture of spring and summer scents with the statement wild rose.



The product itself applies on the lips as a buttery texture and melts into the lips immediately, moisturising them and leaving a 'balmy' finish.  The lip butter contains Shea butter and Rice wax which provides deep hydration for the lips.

Myself, someone who suffers from chapped lips (especially in winter), am surprised at how long this product keeps my lips hydrated. Its soothing and doesn't dry.

Left: Sheer application     Right: Built-up to intensify


On to the colour pay-off, a berry rosy shade is left which can be worn sheer or built up. This colours defiantly a day-to-night one as it can be built up to intensify, bringing out the hot pink - a perfect  shade for night. Or worn sheer with just a tint of colour, suitable for the day.

This colours almost a 'your lips but better' shade and will suit all skin-tones. In my opinion I think this product will suite pale skin-tones and English-Rose's most!

Looking at the swatches, when the colour is applied it really boosts my lips when they're bare, and makes them look healthier.

Colour applied
No colour applied







This colour hasn't come out in all of the shops yet, but can be brought online HERE for now, get yours before they go!



Check out what I thought about the Plum shade HERE!
Subscribe to YourBrunetteGuru for weekly posts.







6 comments:

  1. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your site and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed
    reading your site. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.
    flights to Umrah
    cheap flight to jeddah
    flights to jeddah
    umrah jeddah flights
    umrah flights from London
    cheap flights to umrah

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Korres lip products. I like the fact that this has a tint of colour in it :)
    LaceyLoves x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wear them every day! Love them x

      Delete
  3. wow this look super sweet! love the tint of red in the lip balm!
    would you like to follow each other?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing! I agree I love the pigmentation x

      Delete
  4. its looks beautiful <3 x

    http://www.lucia-lolita.com/

    ReplyDelete